Handling Mold Damage Safely and Effectively in Norwich
SERVPRO’s Proven Mold Damage Restoration Helps Norwich Property Owners
Did you know that mold is a common cause of property damage, both commercial and residential? How any Norwich property owner addresses mold remediation is vital, so using skilled technicians is the best route. Often, someone will attempt using DIY mold clean-up only to find they make matters worse. Hiring a team like our IICRC-certified professionals at SERVPRO gets you the detailed cleaning and results you need to bring your property back to pre-mold condition. Once we complete our remediation and thorough cleaning, your interior will receive the Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned seal of approval!
How are the moisture levels within your home or business? Many people may not realize that elevated moisture and relative humidity (RH) creates a perfect climate for mold damage in Norwich. As long as your interior harbors humid spaces, the correct temperatures, and organic materials for mold to feed on, you could be in for colonization that brings material damage and foul, musty odors.
SERVPRO Offers the Mold Remediation You Need
We have 24-hour availability and scalability to help residential and commercial clients. With our efficient mitigation tools and extensive IICRC training, we know how to get in quickly to pinpoint the cause of mold growth. Once we determine the reason, we address it to help keep the mold from coming back after restoration wraps up. It is all about making it “Like it never even happened.”
Why Call SERVPRO to Handle Mold Cleanup?
One of the key factors to handling mold within any home or business, mainly when located in ceiling cavities or behind walls, is having all the right tools and processes. When you call SERVPRO to handle your mold issue, you can expect the following:
- Remove dry spore clusters and unsalvageable materials for safe local disposal.
- Implementation of doorway, window, and duct sealing with the help of poly sheeting and negative air pressure to keep tiny mold spores from spreading into unaffected rooms of your building.
- HEPA filtration air scrubbers help remove airborne particulates and reduce internal air pressure, making it difficult for spores to migrate into other areas.
- Relative humidity and moisture control using water removal services and drying with the help of dehumidifiers and air movers after extraction.
Personal Protection Equipment Makes All the Difference
SERVPRO technicians arrive ready for all mold remediation projects, including the right PPE to keep us protected each step of the way. Our PPE includes:
- Foot coverings to limit cross-contamination
Odor Control is Paramount in Any Mold-Related Projects
SERVPRO technicians have access to countless products and equipment at our warehouse that help us handle all restorations. For example, our Odor Control Technicians (OCT) have access to a whole arsenal of tools and products to eliminate rather than mask foul, musty odors associated with black mold growth and mildew.
We perform odor control in each area after mold spores are cleanup up to bring your home or business back to pre-contamination levels. We do this with the help of:
- Odor counteractant granules, pellets, or beads that work to pull out and absorb malodors while leaving a pleasant scent behind.
- Ultra-low volume (ULV) foggers use solvent and water-based solutions to handle mold smells at the particle level.
Let Us Handle Mold Restoration with Controlled Demolition
Once we determine which materials are no longer salvageable, our team uses controlled demolition to remove and replace them with all-new materials. This deconstruction may include new drywall, trim, carpeting, ceiling tiles, flooring, subfloor, etc.
Ensure professionals for trusted results handle your mold damage project. Contact us at SERVPRO of Norwich and Windham County by calling (860) 887-0447, and we can dispatch a crew as soon as possible.