If You Need Expert Mold Remediation in Norwich, SERVPRO Can Help
Our Norwich Mold Remediation Crews Know What to Do
When your Norwich home suffers the damaging effects of mold, you want a remediator that understands and follows time-tested, industry-accepted procedures. Finding such cleanup and restoration professionals can sometimes be difficult, but it could save you substantial headaches in the long run. Fortunately, SERVPRO is a local firm that can do your job right.
SERVPRO’s Norwich mold remediation teams know just about all there is to know about mold, and they meticulously adhere to both the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA’s) guidelines and the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification’s (IICRC’s) standard. While completing, among other tasks, mold removal, and black mold damage repairs, our mold specialists comply with the following EPA mold remediation rules:
- Mold-impacted contents and materials that cannot be cleaned must be professionally disposed of
- Mold-covered structural elements and furnishings need to be thoroughly cleaned and dried promptly
- Moist surfaces and materials that have not yet developed mold have to be dried within forty-eight hours
SERVPRO’s cleanup and restoration technicians also adhere to these five principles from the IICRC’s S520 Mold Remediation Standard:
- Remediators are to remain mindful of the health and safety of everyone in affected residences, work to prevent anyone from being exposed to hazardous mold, and limit the spread of mold to unaffected areas
- Interior conditions must be documented, and the restoration process should be closely monitored
- Mold is to be controlled at its source and prevented from spreading and becoming a bigger problem
- Mold contamination that is beyond normal levels should be removed via physical disposal of affected materials, HEPA-filtered vacuums, or damp wiping with detergents
- Moisture sources fueling mold growth must be eliminated
So, with this in mind, know that your helpful friends at SERVPRO of Norwich and Windham County can successfully complete your mold remediation job. Call us anytime at (860) 887-0447 for assistance.